You will need:
- 1 x Shallow Gratnells (F1) tray
- Rainbow paper – printed and fixed to the bottom of the tray
- Number cards or beanbags
- Print, laminate a sheet of rainbow paper (you can use ordinary paper as well)
- Fix to the bottom of the tray using blue tac or sticky tape.
What to do:
- Once the rainbow paper is fixed to the bottom of the tray, pour the salt on top and spread out to fill the bottom of the tray
- Select a number card or beanbag
- Write the numbers in the salt using fingers – once practiced and perfected, move on to the next number.
Other things to try…
- Once confident with single numbers, try practicing sums.
Share fun pictures of your kids engaging in this fun-filled Number activity. Tag us using the #Briteidea #Whatsinmytray #Numbertrays